VC’s Physical Therapist Assistant Program (PTA Program) offers a two-year Associate of Applied Science degree. Successful completion of the PTA Program will enable graduates to take the National Physical Therapist Assistant licensing examination.
VC’s Associate of Applied Science degree core curriculum courses (non PTA Program technical courses) may transfer to a four-year university. There are many specialization options available to continue your education in healthcare.
As a PTA, you will work under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist to provide services for patients who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their ability to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
You may work in a variety of settings including hospitals, outpatient clinics, home health, nursing homes, schools, sports facilities, and more.
Care provided by a physical therapist assistant may include:
- exercise instruction to patients/clients to increase flexibility, mobility, strength, balance and coordination
- patient/client training for activities such as walking with crutches, canes, walkers, or using wheelchairs
- patient/client training to improve function needed for daily activities, work and community interaction
- Application of physical agents such as ultrasound and electrical stimulation
In addition to the above degree program, Victoria College offers a number of training courses for Healthcare Professions through its Workforce & Continuing Education Department.
Useful PTA Program Links
- Graduation Rate: 2016 = 88.2%; 2017 = 86.4%; 2018 = 83.3%
- Licensure Exam Pass Rate: 2016, 2017, 2018 average, first attempt = 98%; ultimate pass rate = 100%
- Employment Rate: 2015, 2016, 2017 average = 100%
Laura Crandall, PT, DPT, MS
PTA Program Director
Phone: (361) 572-6404
Tammy Mikulik, PT, DPT
PTA Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education
Phone: (361) 572-6458
PTA Administrative Assistant II
Phone: (361) 572-6497
The Victoria College Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Victoria College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA, 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 361-572-6497 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Comments/Suggestions for Improvement